Yet again another surprising EASY recipe to make!
- 5 Eggs
- 125g Room temperature butter
- 3/4th Cup of sugar
- 3 Lemons
- Sterilised jar(s)
- Separate 5 egg yolks into a pan (try to remove as much of the white as you can,) add sugar and whisk.
- Once combined add in cubed butter on a low-medium heat stirring frequently.
- When the butter has completely melted add the zest of 2 lemons, and the juice from 3 lemons (It should be roughly about a cup of lemon juice.)
- Let it thicken up for about 15 minutes – stirring occasionally. Once you take it off the job it will thicken up more as it cools down.
- Once cooled pop it into a jar. Pretty labels, lids, ribbons optional.
Hey presto – you’ve done it in 5 easy steps! I was lazy and didn’t jazz up my jar in any way shape or form but that would be the perfect way to make it more eye-catching making the perfect gift!
Don’t be afraid to play around with this recipe. If you find it to sharp add more sugar – it’s all about your personal taste!
*Make sure you keep your lemon curd in the fridge and gobble it all up in 2-3 weeks!*